Effective June 14, 2021
- Nobleis has not, does not, and will not sell your personal data. We will also not use your data for advertising purposes.
- Nobleis does not and will not consider introducing ads to our platform. Other than strategic partnerships with a few hand-selected non-profit organizations, we refuse to advertise with for-profit brands or companies on our platform.
- At the current time, Nobleis is 100% free and does not operate on a subscription model. No gimmicks or up-sales to unlock any features either, as all features are available from the start to all users at no charge. We will prompt a member for payment information if and when the member decides to make a charitable contribution, bid, or accept offers to support an accredited 501c3 non-profit organization.
COLLECTION OF REGISTRATION INFORMATION
To enhance our App experience and verify our users, we may obtain certain registration information from you when you download the App and create an Account. You may register on Nobleis using your Facebook account or phone number.
|Data||Registering through Facebook||Registering through phone number|
|Mobile Number||Not Required||Required|
|Date Of Birth||Obtained||Required|
|Photo(s)||Obtained (At least one photo or video is required)||Required (At least one photo or video is required)|
|Interest in Gender(s)||Required||Required|
|Interest in Dating or Networking||Required||Required|
|Favorite charity to support||Required||Required|
Other than your date of birth, you may change/update your information at any time by logging in to your profile and making appropriate changes.
Your Last name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Date Of Birth, and Sexual Preference will not be visible to the public.
|Show first initial, instead of first name||Available||Available|
|Don’t show age||Available||Not shown|
|Don’t show gender||Available||Available|
|Don’t show distance||Available||Available|
|Don’t show online status||Available||Available|
|View People Anonymously||Available||Available|
|Show amount I raised for my charity||Not shown||Available|
|Show my total contribution to charities||Not shown||Available|
|Show my reviews||Not Shown||Available|
If your interest is in Dating, it will not display the amount you raised for your favorite charity or contribute to charities.
Only users interested in Networking and not Dating can leave reviews.
You have control over your profile to correct or update all information except date of birth and location, which is automatically updated.
REGISTER OR LOGIN VIA FACEBOOK
Suppose you register or log in to the App using your Facebook account. In that case, you are authorizing us to access certain Facebook account information, including information you make available via Facebook, such as your friends list you have in common with other members. Your Nobleis profile and other information you make available via the App, including information you provide directly or indirectly through Facebook (i.e., your Facebook photos, your name, age, and other profile information), may be viewed and shared by members with individuals who may or may not be Users.
VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED INFORMATION
You may choose to add sensitive information about yourself to your profile, such as but not limited to your religion, political leanings, Education level, looking for, and have/want children, among others. While you may voluntarily provide this information to us when you create your profile, there is no requirement to do so.
SHARING YOUR PROFILE WITH OTHERS
If your interest is in Networking and not Dating, others may share a link to your profile page. On the other hand, solely you, yourself, may share a link to your profile under profile view so that others may view your profile page regardless of your interest.
Also, you may share any charity information page with others.
We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints from you about other Users (and from other Users about you).
We will keep records of your favorite charity, profile likes, profile blocks, donations’ amount made by you to any particular charities, contributions made by other users to your favorite charity, your Accept, Decline, Counter Offer amounts associated with all charitable bids or offers.
RECOMMEND AND ENCOURAGE
We highly recommend and encourage all our members to think carefully about the information they disclose about themselves in ABOUT ME, FIRST DATE/MEETING IDEA, and WHY YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR CAUSE sections of Edit profile.
We discourage and prohibit putting sensitive information on your profile that is open to abuse and misuse. Examples include email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names, addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, driver’s license details, and social security numbers.
VERIFYING YOUR ACCOUNT
For safety and security and to ensure users a safe experience, Nobleis encourages users to verify their accounts by inputting a four-digit SMS code sent to users’ mobile phone numbers. In addition, users may verify their email address by clicking on a unique link sent by Nobleis to confirm their email is valid and belongs to the users.
Users may verify their identity by taking a selfie to prove that their selfie matches their uploaded photos and videos.
The Nobleis selfie technology assigns a value to users’ faces, the shape, the exact length of your nose, etcetera, instead of typing in a password into your phone. In addition, selfie pictures will only be used for identification purposes and never posted on users’ profiles. Although selfie is highly encouraged but voluntarily, Nobleis takes a proactive approach to security and may force users to verify their identity through our selfie technology in certain circumstances. By doing so, we want to make sure users’ accounts have not been compromised, fake accounts, any malicious activities, robots, and cybercrimes get removed from our APP to prevent abuse.
Additionally, you may connect with your Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, and Apple ID for additional account verification security.
We ask you to please ensure that your account details are up to date. If your phone number or email address changes, please don’t forget to update your account.
We use a third-party provider for phone number verification. We collect and use your phone number based on our legitimate interests for the prevention of fraud.
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & SPOTIFY INTEGRATION
Nobleis may collect login information and friend lists from your Facebook account, Instagram and Spotify. However, we only use the APIs, OAuth Tokens, Widgets, or other means provided by the applicable Social Media Account to integrate with our App. As such, we only receive the limited information that each Social Media Account permits to be transferred.
Nobleis may collect login information and friend lists from your Facebook account, Instagram and Spotify.
By using the App, you acknowledge that Nobleis operates through servers located in several countries worldwide, with headquarters in the United States. Since Nobleis is a global app, your information will be sent to and used in the United States regardless of the country you reside in. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your personal data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence.
If your geolocation is turned on, we may collect information about your WiFi access points and other location information when you use your mobile. Such as your longitude and latitude and may save your device’s coordinates and IP address to offer specific personalized features to you, such as displaying and sharing with other members choosing to view nearby members. You may choose not to show your distance to other users under your Privacy Settings page.
You may at any point turn off the enabled location services by the following methods:
iPhone app — settings, privacy, location services, Nobleis
Android — settings, location, Nobleis, permissions, location
We may collect information about your device when using the App, including the unique device identifier, device model and type, IP address, and operating system. (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address). The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection.
LOG AND USAGE DATA
Your personal information is only kept as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law.
We delete your information upon you deactivating your account (following the safety retention window) after 30 days of deactivating your account.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files transferred to your computer’s hard disk and are a tool that stores information about website visits and recognizes you and your preferences. Cookies that ensure site functionality and enable us to provide the services our members’ request. We need to use specific cookies and save data to your local storage devices to ensure our members have the best possible experience. In addition, they assist with your navigation of our site.
The cookies we collect enable us to learn how people interact on Nobleis, which helps us make direct to appropriate pages in our App based on your profile and auction status. In addition, cookies store information about your website visits and can recognize you and your preferences each time you visit our site.
Suppose, for any reason; you decide that you do not want all of your Nobleis activities to be stored. In that case, you may set your browser and mobile settings to block cookies and local storage devices, but please remember that if you do so, you may not be able to access all of the features of our App!
We use the following types of cookies:
USE OF INFORMATION
We may run surveys for research purposes from time to time, and we may contact you to find out if you would like to take part. We may also contact you to find out if you would like to participate in marketing campaigns, conduct research, and analytics about using and interacting with the App. Such surveys are optional. If you do not wish to be contacted to participate in a survey, please contact our Customer Support Team or go to Notification under App Settings.
We may use your email or phone number to:
- Notify you of any likes, donations, or bids made on your profile.
- Notify you of any approved credit card charge on donations, approved bids, or offers. An email notification will also be sent for any possible tax-deductible proof.
- Contact you with information about the App or a particular charity (e.g., features, updates, and new offerings);
- Personalize the App and the content we deliver to you;
- Resolve disputes between you and other Users, and
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Our policy is to not disclose your registration information, except in the limited circumstances described here:
- Your Consent – If you consent, we may share or disclose your Registration Information, such as when you use a third-party web client or application to access your account.
- Moderators – To monitor activity on the apps and approve content.
- Credit Card Payment Processing for charities and to issuing payments to charities. As well as Telecommunications Company to facilitate chat and communication between users.
- Law and Harm – We will cooperate with all third parties to enforce their intellectual property or other rights and law enforcement inquiries from within or outside your country of residence where we are required to by law or protect a person’s vital interests. This may include preserving or disclosing any of your information, including your Registration Information:
- If we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with a law or regulation.
- When we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal request;
- To protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security, or technical issues, e.g. through anti-spam providers to protect the service from criminal activity.
- To protect our rights or property or those of third parties. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- If Nobleis or any of our affiliates undergoes a business transition or change of ownership, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, re-organization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or in the event of insolvency or administration, we may be required to disclose your personal data.
- Your data may be shared with other Nobleis group companies, for example, to block accounts and suspected fraudulent payment transactions as part of our anti-spam and anti-fraud procedures.
If you log into or register through your Facebook profile, remember to log off Facebook when you leave a public device to prevent other users from accessing your account.
DELETION OF ANY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WHEN IT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deactivating your account (following the 30 days safety retention window), unless:
- To comply with specific applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations).
- There is an outstanding issue, claim, or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved.
- For our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a terminated user from opening a new account for unsafe behavior or security incidents. Where this is the case, we always seek to minimize the amount of personal information used, and we ensure that it is kept securely from other users’ personal information.
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform, and we do not knowingly market to children, minors or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service. If we recognize a profile belongs to a minor, we will delete the profile and retain the email address and IP address to ensure that they do not try to get around our rules by creating a new profile.
TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT
Affected Users can contact Nobleis to contest the decision.
HIDE OR DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT
At any point, you may choose to hide your profile. We only ask you to make sure you don’t have any pending bids/offers or any scheduled dates or Networking. If there are any pending bids/offers, we ask you to Accept, Decline the bid before hiding your profile. Your profile will not be visible in search when it’s hidden. If a member has won a date with you, that user can still communicate with you.
When your account is deactivated, we take reasonable efforts to make sure it is no longer viewable on the App. For up to 30 days, it is still possible to restore your account if you accidentally or wrongfully deactivated it. After 30 days, we begin the process of deleting your account from our systems. We are not responsible for any information, pictures, comments, or other content that is deleted from our systems resulting from the deactivation of your account.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
For California residents users, the data we may collect falls within the following categories of “personal information,” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Identifiers, such as name and location;
- Personal information, as described in the California customer records law, such as contact (including email and telephone number) and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (if you choose to provide them), such as age, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, and medical conditions;
- Commercial information, such as charitable transaction information and purchase history;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites and apps;
- Geolocation data, such as mobile device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as photos and videos;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Non-public education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes.
In addition, under California law, operators of online services are required to disclose how they respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information of a consumer over time and across third-party online services, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. We do not track our Users’ personal information over time and across third-party online services. This law also requires operators of online services to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different online services when the users use the operator’s service. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect personal information about an individual User’s online activities over time and across different online services when using the App.
YOUR UK AND EU RIGHTS
Under UK and EU law, UK and EU users have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection regulators, and the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) is the UK’s lead regulator. You can find out how to raise a concern with the ICO by visiting their website at www.ico.org.uk. If you’re within the EU, you may also get in touch with your local Data Protection Regulator, who may liaise with the ICO on your behalf.
You have all the rights listed below under European Data Protection Law if you are an EU citizen.
- Right to be informed: what personal data an organization is processing and why (this notice).
- Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
- Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing be stopped but the data retained.
- Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances, you may object to that processing (including where data is processed based on legitimate interests or marketing purposes).
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision that has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances, your rights include having human intervention in the decision-making process.
Under EU and UK data protection laws, we are only permitted to use your data when we have a lawful basis for doing so. Where the legal basis is consent, you can withdraw consent at any time. Where the legal basis is legitimate interests, you have a right to object to our use of your data. We explain in the relevant sections in this policy how you can withdraw consent or opt-out of specific data uses (where applicable).
By uploading and choosing to tell us sensitive information about yourself, you explicitly consent to our data processing and make this public to other users.
When you post information about yourself on your profile or through the messaging function, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk.
We pride ourselves on taking commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. In addition, we use appropriate security measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as secured servers using firewalls. Sensitive and private data exchange between the App and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Unfortunately, no website or Internet transmission is ever completely 100% secure. Even we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, but here are some handy tips to help keep your data secure:
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our App, member database, and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal data safe and to log out of your account after use, as you never know who may stumble onto your account.
Please don’t share your social media password with anyone else and change your social media password periodically.
If you ever think someone has had access to your social media passwords, please report it to the relevant social media platform and change your password immediately. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while it is being transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
Please be aware that photographs and videos that you post on the App may reveal information about yourself.
When using Nobleis, you should assume that anything you post or submit on the App may be publicly viewable and accessible, both by Users of the App and non-Users of the App. Therefore, we want our members to be careful about posting information that will eventually be made public.
Even after you remove information from your profile or deactivate your account, copies of your information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, copied, stored by other Users, or shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this.
Deactivating your account may persist in backup copies for up to 30 days to enable restoration but will not be available to others in the meantime.
We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, concerning any breaches of security, damage to your device, or any loss or unauthorized use of your registration information or other data.
COVID-19 VACCINATION DISCLOSURE
Users may declare their COVID-19 vaccination status on their profile as a way to connect with like-minded people. It’s important to know that the user’s vaccination status is self-reported and therefore unverified. Nobleis does not routinely verify whether someone has been immunized or not.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal data to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
HOW TO CONTACT US
11420 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
For your protection and the protection of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before answering such a request.